jueves, 21 de agosto de 2014

Diary Entry

In languaje through literature writing, we wrote two diary entries about Jekyll's sensations in the day he first drank the potion and the other entrie explains his sensations two months later.

July 11, 1890

Dear Diary,
Today was a fantastic day I finally achieved my dream. A metamorphosis in my own body. I converted in a horrible monster. I was in the laboratory and I knew that the potion I created was today. I think It will last eight months.
I was feeling strong buy different. I was a bad man in a way. Everyone escaped from me and while I was walking I knew I had bad intentions, and the worst thing is that I couldn’t avoid It! As Jekyll I am a good man but as the monster maybe my reputation will change so much that I could kill myself. But if nobody discovers me, everything will be alright. I thing I may have a name as the monster, I will be named Mr.Hyde. I think this is the start of something new. I won’t have problems with it and now it will be easy to marriage save situations that as a man I couldn’t.
I hope the potion can improve in the future.

September 2, 1890
Dear Diary:
I’m tired. My body can’t work like this anymore. I feel so guilty. Today in the evening I drank the potion again and I went to the hotel near my house. There, I was so crazy from the treatment of people that I killed a girl that was on the street with her parents. She cried so strongly. I’m upset. The only thing I have is a potion. That converts me in something worse than this poor man without friends.
The only people that help me support are my servants. Don’t matter what happens they are always whit me. Utterson and Lanyon escaped from me. Today, I’m really thinking about my last plans as a person because I won’t permit to be dangerous for the society or the worst, to be discovered. Lanyon is the only who knows about my secret. What happened if he tells someone by accident? What if I’m accused of a criminal who sent to prison or even to be killed? This can’t continue. This must finish. So big problems don’t have solutions and this is a great example. This addiction is something very difficult to fix. My tears are dropping over the paper but if my life will be based on suffering, I prefer to disappear.
I’m sorry,
Jekyll 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario